Draft Research Topics
The Board of the Foundation welcomes proposals for research projects that fall within its criteria. Topics that may warrant focused consideration in the future include:
- The challenges of sustained defence force development in Australia
- The potential for Network-centric Warfare and Effects-based Strategy to enhance Australia's security.
- Optimal strategy for defeating international terrorism.
- Australia’s strategy for improving markedly the outlook for PNG
- The security role of China in 2020 - implications for Australia.
- The management of Australia’s security relationship with the United States in 2010.
When the Board approves a new research project a research Team Leader is appointed, a Research Project Plan is approved and a Project Budget is authorised. Project reports (normally published as Kokoda Papers) are usually published with the Team Leader as the author.